Fuel release 2020 Protected List
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL Affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, announced Tuesday their 2020 Protected List. The Fuel have retained the rights to 25 players, consisting of 13 forwards, 10 defensemen and two goaltenders.
All but five players made appearances for the Fuel throughout the 2019-20 season and three players will qualify as veterans for the 2020-21 season (Ben Youds, Alex Krushelnyski and Matt Rupert). Teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by June 15.
2020 INDY FUEL PROTECTED LIST
Forwards (13): Bobby MacIntyre, Cody Payne, Alex Rauter, Ryan Van Stralen, Derian Plouffe, Spencer Watson, Joe Sullivan, Mathieu Foget, Michael Doherty, Alex Krushelnyski (V), Matt Rupert (V), Woody Hudson, Jordy Stallard (R)
Defensemen (10): Tim Shoup, Keoni Texeira, Cliff Watson, Craig Wyszomirski, Alex Brooks, Connor McDonald (R), Ben Youds (V), Eric Schurhamer, Reggie Traccitto, Louis Belisle (R)
Goaltenders (2): Charles Williams, Dan Bakala
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2019-20 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2019-20, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2019-20 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 12 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2019-20.
Full season and half season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.