INDY FUEL WEEK 26 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, 37-24-8-0 Overall
Wednesday, June 2 - Fuel 5 vs Kansas City 1:
For the second time in the seven-year franchise history, the Indy Fuel have clinched a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs thanks to a 5-1 win over the Kansas City Mavericks on Wednesday night.
Friday, June 4 - Fuel 3 at Wheeling 1:
Playing the first of two matchups to close out the regular season, the Indy Fuel visited the Wheeling Nailers on Friday night. After the teams finished the second period tied, Indy put home a pair of goals to earn a 3-1 win and set a franchise record for wins in a season.
Saturday, June 5 - Fuel 2 at Wheeling 5:
In the final match between the Wheeling Nailers and the Indy Fuel this season, the Nailers would see five goals from five different players to help lift them to victory in the final regular season game of the year.
ROUND 1 SCHEDULE
Game 1: Tuesday, June 8 at 7:05 p.m. | Greenville at Indy
Game 2: Thursday, June 10 at 7:05 p.m. | Indy at Greenville
Game 3: Friday, June 11 at 7:05 p.m. | Indy at Greenville
*Game 4: Saturday, June 12 at 7:05 p.m. | Indy at Greenville
*Game 5: Monday, June 14 at 7:05 p.m. | Greenville at Indy
* - if necessary
CHANCE FOR REDEMPTION
Tuesday night will be the first playoff game played at Indiana Farmers Coliseum since April of 2018. Playing a best-of-seven series, the Fuel were swept by the Toledo Walleye in four games. Playing a best-of-five series against the Swamp Rabbits on Tuesday, Indy will be looking for the franchise’s first ever playoff win. No stranger to playoffs, Doug Christiansen led the Manchester Monarchs to the second round of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs where they lost to the eventual Kelly Cup Champion Newfoundland Growlers.
- Terry Broadhurst enters Tuesday night on a five-game point streak (2g, 6a)
- Nic Pierog has two goals and an assist in his last three games
- Tommy Apap has three points in his last three games (2g, 1a)
- Since returning from injury, Antoine Waked has a goal and an assist in three games
- Matt Marcinew finished 1st in the ECHL in game-winning goals (7)
- Willie Raskob finished 2nd among defensemen in goals (13)
- The Fuel finished the regular season with a record of 37-24-8-0
- The Fuel broke the franchise record for wins in a season and winning percentage
- Indy will play their first playoff games since April of 2018
- The Fuel will be looking for their first-ever playoff win on Tuesday
- Indy is 23-7-6-0 when scoring first
- The Fuel will face Greenville on Tuesday for Game 1 of the playoffs
- Indy has put together a 4-1-0-0 record against the Swamp Rabbits
The Fuel have clinched a spot in the 2021 Kelly Cup Playoffs! Single-game tickets are now available for the first home game on June 8. Fuel season memberships are also available for the 2021-22 season, purchase your package by June 14th to receive complimentary parking for the entire 2021-22 regular season. Find details and pricing at IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --