Fuel announce 2018 Protected List
Indy retains rights to 11 forwards, eight defensemen and one goaltenderJun 4, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL Affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, announced Monday their 2018 Protected List. The Fuel have retained the rights to 20 players, consisting of 11 forwards, eight defensemen and one goaltender.
Sixteen of the 20 players on Indy’s Protected List saw action with the club during the 2017-18 season, including six that will hold ECHL veteran status heading into the upcoming season (Darian Dziurzynski, Ryan Rupert, Josh Shalla, Michael Neal, Geoff Walker and Zach Miskovic). All ECHL clubs must submit their 2018-19 end-of-season roster by June 15, and can begin to sign players to 2018-19 contracts on June 16.
2018 INDY FUEL PROTECTED LIST(Parentheses denotes 2018-19 status)
Forwards (11): Shane Bakker, Johnny McInnis, Darian Dziurzynski (V), Mathew Thompson (R), Paul Zanette, Logan Nelson, Josh Shalla (V), Matt Rupert, Ryan Rupert (V), Michael Neal (V), Geoff Walker (V)
Defensemen (8): Harrison Ruopp, Riley Sweeney, Troy Vance, Brandon Martell, Jaynen Rissling, Jack Burton, Zach Miskovic (V), Garrett Clarke
Goaltender (1): Étienne Marcoux
Per the ECHL, teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
Ticket Plans for the Fuel’s fifth anniversary season are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action in 2018-19 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the offseason.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --