Fuel Announce 2019-20 Protected ListJun 3, 2019
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL Affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, announced Mondy their 2019 Protected List. The Fuel have retained the rights to 22 players, consisting of ten forwards, ten defensemen and two goaltenders.
All but three players were active on the Fuel’s roster during the 2018-19 season and seven will hold veteran spots heading into the 2019-20 season (Josh Shalla, Logan Nelson, Matt Rupert, Ryan Rupert, Anthony Collins, Olivier Labelle and Zach Miskovic). Teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by June 15.
2019 INDY FUEL PROTECTED LIST
Forwards (10): Josh Shalla (V), Logan Nelson (V), Matt Rupert (V), Woody Hudson, Jack Ramsey (R), Anthony Collins (V), Ryan Rupert (V), Mathew Thomson, Olivier Labelle (V), Jordy Stallard (R)
Defensemen (10): Samuel Thibault, Zach Miskovic (V), Alex Brooks, Eric Schurhamer, Braden Hellems (R), Dmitry Osipov , Louis Belisle (R), Reggie Traccitto, Jaynen Rissling, Jack Burton
Goaltenders (2): Gordon Defiel (R), Chase Marchand (R)
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2018-19 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2018-19, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2018-19 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2018-19.
Full season, half season and 12-game-flex pack ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel’s 6th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan – grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2019-20 season.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --