Indy Fuel Pit Stop - Week 3
Presented by: Dr. Chad BaileyOct 28, 2019
INDY FUEL WEEK 3 RESULTS: 1-1-0-0, 3-3-0-0 Overall, 3rd Central Division
Friday, October 25 - Fuel 3 vs. Cincinnati 0: In the first home game of the season, it took Indy until the second period to open the scoring when Michael Doherty deflected a shot by Jake Ryczek making it 1-0. The scoring touch continued in the second period with Ben Youds scoring his first goal as a member of the Fuel to double the Fuel lead. Nathan Noel finished capped off the win, scoring an empty-net goal late in the third to make it 3-0. Charles Williams finished Friday’s game with his first shutout of the season stopping 22 of 22 Cincinnati shots.
Saturday, October 26 - Fuel 2 vs. Cincinnati 3: Indy’s fortunes were not as bright on Saturday, giving up the first goal of the game :27 seconds into the first period. Cincinnati’s Ben Johnson picked up a bouncing puck and beat Chase Marchand over the shoulder on a half breakaway to give Cincinnati an early 1-0 lead. Indy quickly responded with back-to-back goals from Tim Shoup, leading the Fuel into the locker room up 2-1. The Cyclones tied the game in the second period when a puck shot down the ice bounced off of the net and on to the stick of John Edwardh, who put it by Marchand. Cody Sol scored what would be the game-winning goal at 15:08 in the second period, helping Cincinnati to split the weekend with Indy.
INDY FUEL WEEK 4 SCHEDULE:
Saturday, November 2 – Fuel at Fort Wayne (7:35 p.m. ET, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum):
The Fuel make their first trip to Fort Wayne this season, taking on I-69 rivals Fort Wayne Komets. Last season, Indy went 5-4-1-1 against the Komets during the 2018-19 season but during the last five years, Indy has struggled at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum putting up a record of 5-10-3-0.
- Charles Williams earned his first shutout of the season on Friday in Indy’s 3-0 win over Cincinnati.
- Michael Doherty scored his first goal of the season and first in a Fuel uniform, deflecting a shot by Jake Ryczek. Doherty’s goal was also the first goal of the season scored at Indiana Farmers Coliseum
- Tim Shoup scored his first two goals of the season and first in a Fuel uniform, tallying back-to-back goals on Saturday night
- With an assist on Friday night’s game, Spencer Watson earned his 100th ECHL point
- Alex Krushelnyski (2g, 6a) and Spencer Watson (4g, 5a) have points in every game this season. Each player earned an assist in both games this weekend.
- The Fuel shut out their opponent in the home opener for the first time in franchise history, winning 3-0 over Cincinnati on Friday night.
- Indy’s power play is fourth in the league, scoring on 30.4% of their chances. The penalty kill was perfect this weekend against Cincinnati, killing off 4/4 penalties in two games.
- The Fuel enter Week 4 two points back of the Wheeling Nailers for first in the Central Division. Fort Wayne sits one point ahead of Indy for second in the division.
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2019-20 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --