Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19
Presented by: Dr. Chad BaileyFeb 17, 2020
INDY FUEL WEEK 18 RESULTS: 0-3-0-0, 26-22-2-1 Overall, 3rd Central Division
Friday, February 14 - Fuel 3 at Fort Wayne 5
The Indy Fuel led the game 3-0 heading into the third period but the Fort Wayne Komets exploded, scoring five unanswered goals, taking down the Fuel in Fort Wayne Friday night at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Saturday, February 15 - Fuel 2 at Cincinnati 5
In the first half of back to back games, the Indy Fuel visited the Cincinnati Cyclones. After a scoreless first period, the Fuel would lead 2-1 after the second only to give up four goals in the third, falling 5-2 on Saturday night.
Sunday, February 16 - Fuel 5 at Cincinnati 6
The Indy Fuel ran out of time against the Cincinnati Cyclones failing to catch up to their one goal lead eventually falling 6-5 at the Heritage Bank Center Sunday afternoon.
INDY FUEL WEEK 19 SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, February 18 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (10:30 a.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
In their third annual Education Day Game, the Indy Fuel host the Fort Wayne Komets in a crucial Central Division game. Sitting just one point ahead of the Komets for third place in the Central, earning two points will put Indy three points ahead of Fort Wayne in the standings.
Friday, February 21 - Fuel at Kalamazoo (7:00 p.m. ET, Wings Event Center)
Visiting the Wings for the fourth time this season, Indy will play their third game in a row at Wings Event Center. The Fuel have won three out of the five matchups against the Wings this season, most recently winning 4-2 on February 8th.
Saturday, February 22 - Fuel at Fort Wayne (7:35 p.m. ET, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum)
Meeting the Komets five games this season, Indy has put together a 2-2-0-1 record. The Fuel have struggled to beat the Komets in Fort Wayne this season, only earning one win in their first matchup of the season.
- Scoring on Sunday afternoon, Bobby MacIntyre has five goals in his last six games
- MacIntyre continues to be the only Fuel player to appear in every game this season
- Earning two goals and two assists, Spencer Watson leads the ECHL in goals with 27 in 45 games
- Watson currently sits in fifth in the league in points, tallying 27 goals and 26 assists in 45 games
- Earning two power play assists this weekend, Keoni Texeira sits in second in the ECHL in power play assists
- Spencer Watson is second in the ECHL power play points (9g, 12a) while Keoni Texeira is tied for fourth (3g, 16a)
- Since playing his first game in a Fuel uniform, Mathieu Foget has earned three goals and 10 assists in 13 games
- Dropping all three games this weekend, Indy has not lost three games straight for the first time since December 27 through December 29
- Scoring on 4 of their 15 power play chances this weekend, Indy sits in fourth in the league in power play percentage (20.9%)
- Killing off eight of their 10 penalties this weekend, Indy is 18th in the ECHL in penalty kill, killing off 80.4% of their penalties
- The Fuel have outscored their opponents 107-86 in the first and second periods but have been outscored 54-61 in the third period
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2019-20 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM -